Men's Mayan Thick Leather Belt
- HIDE & DRINK’S 101 YEAR WARRANTY: Each of Hide & Drink’s rustic, durable belts is made with care and craftsmanship, with every belt handmade to the highest standard. Our confidence in our belts knows no bounds, so we include each belt that you purchase with a 101 Year Warranty. We aim for nothing but 100% satisfaction when it comes to our products, so if you’re not satisfied, just get in touch with us and we’ll help you as quickly as possible
- HANDMADE FROM SOFT & ATTRACTIVE FULL GRAIN LEATHER: Hide & Drink’s belts are hand cut and handcrafted using the highest quality of leather that you will find, namely Full Grain Leather. The quality of this leather ensures a long lasting life and durability. After time and use, the leather will attain a beautiful and unique patina. Each belt is made with a width of 1.5 inches and the leather used is 3.5mm thick.
- AGE-OLD WEAVING TECHNIQUE USING TYPICAL MAYAN TEXTILES: The colorful fabric that we use comes from an ancient hand-woven technique using a back strap loom, a complicated process that requires time and patience, producing beautiful and inspiring artwork. This weaving technique, according to Mayan mythology, originates with the Maya Goddess of fertility and procreation, Ixchel. Practiced by many artisans throughout Guatemala over generations, it's more of an art form rather than just a craft.
- FINELY HAND STITCHED: The belt is handmade by expert local artisans of Pastores, Guatemala, a town wholly dedicated to the crafting of leather goods. The belt is hand cut, and finished with a fine stitching method than not only looks good, but also makes for a durable belt that will give you a lifetime of use. Any loose ends are passed over with an open flame to ensure no unravelling during its lifetime.
- MAKES A GREAT GIFT: Hide & Drink swears by its leather, and knows that this fine, rustic Tropical Full Grain Leather belt will make an excellent gift for friends, family and loved ones. Built to last a lifetime, this belt will make a thoughtful, long lasting gift for anyone and everyone.
Full Grain Leather & Typical Mayan Textiles
USE & CARE
Over time and with use, the leather will assume a unique patina. If desired, condition with mineral oil or beeswax leather conditioner.