Shot Glasses - 4 Pack
- BEAUTIFUL CERAMIC SHOT GLASSES: These special Shot Glasses are handmade from beautiful, black ceramic also known as Barro Negro. From the hands of expert artisans in Oaxaca, Mexico, this product is fairly traded and packaged in an eco-friendly box. We are proud to bring you this four-pack of shot “glasses” that can be used for 2.5oz shots, great for mezcal or espresso. This product also makes a great gift or collector’s item for those who are familiar with the particular history of Barro Negro
- MATERIAL TYPE: Barro Negro – Barro Negro (“black ceramic” or “black pottery”) is made from natural clay originating in the lands of Oaxaca, Mexico. The clay is collected and any impurities are removed using traditional methods. The clay is kneaded until it is soft and malleable, perfect for creating pottery. This particular type of black ceramic is unique in that the clay has been polished with quartz and then fired at a lower temperature so that the pottery pieces emerge shiny and black.
- MATERIAL ORIGIN: Oaxaca, Mexico - our high quality barro negro is sourced in the hills of Oaxaca, Mexico, and was traditionally used by the Zapotecs and Mixtecs people. The origins of barro negro date back centuries and remnants of this type of pottery are still uncovered in archaeological sites. The innovative design and technique used to create the shiny black sheen unique to these pieces is attributed to a renowned ceramist of Oaxaca, Doña Rosa Real, who developed the technique in the 1950s.
- MAKER LOCATION: Oaxaca, Mexico – Here at San Andres Exports, each one of our products is handmade by local artisans of Oaxaca, Mexico, a city renowned for its craftsmanship of artisanal goods. Our ceramics are made using traditional methods that were used for centuries by the Zapotecs and Mixtecs people of Oaxaca. Our artisans stay true to Oaxacan tradition while also using the innovative technique developed by Oaxacan ceramist Doña Rosa Real to create uniquely shiny and black ceramic pieces.
- MAKES A GREAT GIFT + LIFETIME GUARANTEE: San Andreas Exports proudly stands behind its products and knows that this unique, handcrafted product will make an excellent gift for friends, family and loved ones, whether for birthdays, Christmas, or any special occasion. What’s more, we include a 100% Lifetime Customer Satisfaction Guarantee, so if at any point you are not satisfied with your purchase, just get in touch with us so we can make it right with a replacement or refund.
Length: 2.09 in.
Width: 2.09 in.
Height: 2.17 in.
USE & CARE
Barro Negro Clay: Wash with warm water, do not use dish soap and do not place in the dishwasher.